Friday, December 7

Hair

Mum has had a few rough days with back pain this week but then rebounded after rest and plenty of pain killers.I always know that she is doing reasonably well if she is bothered by her hair. Since her radiation in the summer her hair has thinned out a little and has changed in texture. Her once curly hair has gone straight and it is very fine . She is quite despairing of it ever returning to normal but I can see that it is finally starting to grow and thicken(it's really not that bad).

I popped in to see her this evening at he condo and I was relieved to see that her major concern was her hair. This is a good sign.She's been to bridge a couple of times and her book club this morning . I think that it is very important to her to look good.It raises her spirits and gives her a sense of normalcy. Small things matter. The outward appearance can really make a difference to how you feel inside.