Monday, October 1

It should have been a good day.....

This morning mum and Doug left Doug's condo for a day out on a bus tour. Unfortunately mum ended up feeling totally nauseous and sick ......but she was a real trooper and carried on with the trip despite a three hour bus ride home . When I called tonight she was tucked up in bed. We HAVE to get this nausea under control before mum goes on the cruise .

I'm concerned now ....the medications only have limited effect . We will need to sit down with Dr O'Conner and discuss this before she goes away .The nausea affects mum's day-to day life. It's great that so far things appear to be stable but it's awful if she can't get on with life because she has these horrible waves of sickness .

Tonight , I need to focus on balancing my own emotional equilibrium. I am worried about mum ...and feel churned up and anxious . The thought of her on the Atlantic ocean on a ship is bothering me and truthfully, mum being away for a month is also on my mind.

I find in general that the best way to combat anxiety is to make a plan and take action . The problem is that the nausea is not so easy to deal with ....and there's no "plan" that we can make with respect to mums illness. We are not just paying lip-service now to the notion of taking life day by day....it is a reality.